I had given up on the listmaking- in part because of the inherent frustration I have in sticking to the list, crossing items off the list, and eventually, remaking the list that mysteriously seems to disappear as soon as I cross off the first item.
But, in light of the annual celebration of my birth, I thought it would be nice to amend my list of “20 before 30” list from last year. And, now that I have only 365 days to complete the rest of the items, I’m wondering if maybe I should have made it “20 before 40″…
1. Go to London to see the Globe Theater- and oh yeah, the Tower of London, and that other stuff. Will be done in 3 weeks!
2. Start/Finish writing a novel- it doesn’t even have to be good, just as long as I finish it.
3. Have this blog reach the 100,000 hits mark. (I’d even settle for 50,000- so pass it on to all your friends…).
4.Finish renovating the bathroom- it’s sooo within reach, I just have to muster the will to do it…Done this summer!
5. Find a cause I’m passionate about, and volunteer to help.
6. Rent a beach house for a week with my family and do nothing but play in the sand and the ocean. No email. No voicemail. No Internet. Nothing.
7. Take an art class. I always think I will when those seasonal catalogues come out- but never do…
8. Learn how to make my own tiramisu, so I don’t have go to an Italian restaurant to get it (unless I want to of course). Done- Christmas 2007
9. Learn how to say more than just “Let me through- I’ve found my passport.” in Italian. Done this summer- Now I can have a kindergartner’s conversation with most Italians!
10. Join a professional organization and improve my schmoozing (I mean “networking”) skills.
11. Acquire enough closet space to be able to find every article of clothing I own within a few minutes. Sorry, M, your closet space might be affected in achieving this goal…
12. Have my photos published/purchased by a complete stranger. Completed 9-28
14. Learn to harness my road rage for good, not evil.
15.Complete a sudoku puzzle before A grabs it out of my hands and finishes it for me.
16. Learn to ski- even if it’s just down the bunny hill.
17. Eat “lobsta” in Maine, king crab legs in Alaska, or drink a mint julep at the Kentucky derby.
18. Invent my own easy mixed drink- for when company comes over- or just when I come home from work.
19. Learn one “fool-proof” joke that’s appropriate for all occasions. Done July 2008
20. Do something spontaneous for my 30th birthday- whether it’s skydiving, bungee jumping, hang-gliding, or just putting all the money in my wallet on one hand of blackjack in Vegas.