I know I’ve mentioned my little projects before, right? The projects that will keep my hands busy until November?
Some are completely doable- and short enough in duration that I won’t run out of steam before I complete them*. Looking at my list for house repairs though, I think I might be just a bit too ambitious and a little too short on cash…
- Re-design our bathroom. Nothing major- just board and batten walls, a tiled tube surround and new light/medicine cabinet. Yes, I realize I sound ridiculous phrasing that as “nothing major”.
- Paint (or more likely hire someone to paint) our horrible, horrible aluminum sided house. I would love to just get new siding, but I’m pretty sure I would have to pick up a night shift somewhere to afford that.
- Fix the garage roof..I might need to hire someone for this one too. Asphalt shingles and I do not mix.
- Tear down the horrible, horrible rusty “I-need-a-tetanus-shot” shed. It’s an eye sore and I’m ashamed of it every time I’m in the back yard. Which is often.
- Fix the back entry floor. Organize and add a chalkboard wall for Li.
- Install an upstairs railing so
my little daredevilsmall children are not tempted to jump off into the stairwell.
- Add brick veneers to our upstairs chimney- because the exposed cinderblock is not quite the look I’m going for…
- Cut down the old electric wires leading from our house to the garage. They aren’t hooked up to anything, but it requires a ladder. And I’m lazy about hauling out the ladder.
- Wainscot the weird little hallway that leads to the bathroom. Maybe with tin ceiling tile?
- Install a skylight in our bedroom…which is just HA!
- Fix the rotten front porch boards and paint.
- Finish the trim work that’s been hanging out waiting for me since Li’s birth.
So- whadayathink? Too ambitious? Or should I just hire a handyman to take care of it for me?
*This is one of the reasons I think I like sewing- usually it’s done in 1-2 nights. 3 if I’m particularly focused and have consumed a 6 pack of diet Pepsi.